Tuesday 23 April 2019

Contact us

Enquiries about bringing your benefits with the ERPF into payment

Telephone: (01482) 394113 

If you are receiving a pension from the ERPF and have an enquiry

Telephone: (01482) 394114 

All other enquiries

Telephone: (01482) 394103 
Fax: (01482) 394186


East Riding Pension Fund
PO Box 118
Council Offices
Church Street
East Riding of Yorkshire
DN14 5BG


Pension related queries:  erpf@eastriding.gov.uk

ABS queries: abs@eastriding.gov.uk

Investments: investment-section@eastriding.gov.uk

Training issues: erpftraining@eastriding.gov.uk 

In Person

You can visit the Council Offices during the following times:

Mon - Thur:  9:00am to 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am to 4.30pm

Whilst appointments are not necessary, advance notice can often help in preparing a fuller response to your queries.

If you are travelling to Goole for the first time or are unsure where the Council Offices are and need some help please see the  Map of Goole and Car Parks.

Notification of the death of a scheme member or pensioner

This may be done via telephone or in writing. If writing to us please include:

  • the full name and address of the deceased;

  • the name and address of the person acting for the estate.

Please also include the original death certificate, which will be returned by post, or a copy signed by a solicitor or stamped and witnessed by a recognised officer of the employing authority.

Changes to your personal circumstances

You can inform us of any changes to your personal details via email or in writing. All emails should be sent from a valid work email address or a pre-registered personal email address. To register your personal email address please download and complete the change of circumstance form and return to us.

How can The Pensions Ombudsman help me?

The Pensions Ombudsman solely deals with pension complaints. It can help if you have a complaint or dispute about the administration (including transfers/conversion) and/or management of personal and occupational pensions.

The types of pension arrangements it looks at include:

  • executive, group, and personal pension plans;
  • self-invested personal pensions (SIPP);
  • small self-administered pension schemes;
  • workplace, employer, and stakeholder pension schemes;
  • free standing additional voluntary contribution schemes; and
  • annuities and section 32 buy-out policies.

Some examples of types of complaints it considers include:

  • auto-enrolment;
  • benefits: incorrect calculation/refusal/failure to pay or late payment
  • charges/fees;
  • death benefits;
  • failure to provide information/act on instructions;
  • fund switches;
  • guaranteed Annuity Rate;
  • ill health;
  • interpretation of scheme rules/policy terms;
  • misquote/misinformation;
  • Payment/pension increases;
  • pension liberation;
  • transfers: general;
  • winding up; and
  • with-profits issues.

There is no financial limit on the amount of money that The Pensions Ombudsman can make a party award you. Its determinations are legally binding on all the parties and are enforceable in court. 

Contact with The Pensions Ombudsman about a complaint needs to be made within three years of when the event(s) you are complaining about happened – or, if later, within three years of when you first knew about it (or ought to have known about it). There is discretion for those time limits to be extended.

The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, E14 4PU. Tel: 0800 917 4487.  Email: enquiries@pensions-ombudsman.org.uk Website: www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk

You can also submit a complaint form online: www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/our-service/make-a-complaint/.

If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

The Pensions Advisory Service

11 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 1RB

Telephone: 0800 011 3797

Website: www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/

Customer Feedback - Let us know what you think

 The ERPF is committed to providing good customer care and an excellence service to its members therefore if you have any feedback we would like to hear from you. Any feedback received will help us understand if you are happy with the service we provide but will also highlight potential improvements to the service.

If you would like to contact the ERPF about a compliment, comment or complaint there are a number of ways this can be achieved.

The ERPF’s Investigating Officer for all types of feedback is Suzanne Firth. She will look at any feedback received and if required will arrange for a full response to be provided within 10 working days. Her email address is Suzanne.firth@eastriding.gov.uk

You can also register any feedback through the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. You can contact the Customer Service Network on 01482 393939.

If you find online access suits you better please email feedback@eastriding.gov.ukor complete an online form by visiting the following website:

East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Tell Us How It Is